In addition to social media, online radio interview and press release, this campaign includes a professional and personalised Author Video. An Author Video allows you to present yourself to potential readers in a creative way. Because it can deliver your message in a way that words alone cannot, a video is a valuable addition to blogs, social media pages, press releases and more.
What You Get:
- A six-week campaign with a Personal Publicist, who will approach media outlets in an attempt to get them to feature your book
- Production of a 60- to 90-second custom-made Author Video*
- Distribution of your custom, creative Author Video to popular sites such as YouTube, Yahoo!, BookTube and blip.tv
- Professionally written press release, Web optimized with video included, sent to at least 2,500 targeted media outlets; recipients could include magazines, newspapers, online publications, and radio and TV programs
- Creation of your blog to serve as hub for interaction with social media sites Twitter, Facebook and more; blog maintained by Personal Publicist during six-week campaign (read more about the benefits of social media below)
- Recording of a professional 10- to 15-minute online radio interview, syndication to popular download sites such as iTunes; finished copy provided to you for use in future promotions.
See sample Author Video here.
Find more information on social media here.
Listen to a sample radio interview here.
You will be able to make one round of revisions to your video at no additional cost. Any additional rounds of revisions can be purchased for an additional fee. Acceptable changes include:
- Simple text changes (adding or removing words)
- Changes in font size
- Corrections or additions to book and author information
- Changes to audio levels
- Image changes (if you provided your own or you feel an image is offensive)
You will own all the rights to your video and will be provided with the final version to share with readers, friends, and family and include in your marketing materials. Author Videos make an excellent addition to your press releases, social media sites, and personal Web sites. In the competitive marketplace, a professional video will make you stand out in the crowd!
Note: Video shoots must be scheduled at least 15 business days in advance. If you intend to be filmed in a public place, you must be able to secure a release for the location before video can be recorded there.
* Please Note: Your chosen filming location must be within two driving hours of Perth, Melbourne or Sydney. Filming at locations farther away will require additional fees.
Journey On | Video Newsmaker Publicity Campaign
Gaining media attention is an essential part of any successful book marketing campaign, and the Video Newsmaker Publicity Campaign is a great way to promote your book on multiple fronts. To learn more or to order this service, contact your marketing consultant at 1800 050 315.
More on Social Media...
Developing a social media network is critical to establishing an ongoing method for communicating with your target audience. The Balboa Press marketing team takes a “Do, Coach, Guide” approach: we establish your social media platform across the top U.S. social media sites, and then we help you develop and hone your social media presence over time. Our social media services use U.S. social networks only.
Additionally, we reach out to the existing online community of your target audience by identifying and actively engaging in industry-specific forums related to your book subject matter. We introduce your message in a consistent, format-appropriate manner with an ultimate goal of leading this audience back to your website and social media platforms.
Benefits of establishing an online presence:
- People will be able to easily find your sites when they search for you, your book or your book’s topic, since content on most of your sites can be indexed by search engines like Google and Yahoo!.
- Increases your chances for “viral” impact by establishing your brand online, meaning readers can easily find and share information about your book.
- Expands your reach through the integration of multiple sites to a new group of potential customers which could translate into more book sales.